Chocolate Salted Cupcakes Recipe
300g caster sugar
50g amber sugar (can be substituted for caster sugar)
130g butter, at room temperature
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2tsp vanilla paste (or 1tsp vanilla essence or seeds of 1 vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 160˚C. Line 2 cupcake trays with cupcake cups.
2. Cream the butter and the sugars together.
3. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix in the cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla paste.
5. Gently fold in half the flour, then mix in all the milk, then gently fold in the rest of the flour.
6. Add a good tablespoon full of batter to each cupcake cup.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cupcakes bounce back when
- For really gooey cupcakes, bake them for no longer than 15 minutes.
As they cool, a well will form in the middle, leaving a gooey centre.
- For moist cupcakes, always fold in the flour gently, taking care
not to over mix.
- Substituting half the butter for a light and mild olive oil
(flavourless) results in moist cupcakes.