For the sponge cake:
80g melted butter
For the coating:
200g dessicated coconut
400g icing sugar
115g cocoa powder
100g melted butter
100ml hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Whisk eggs and sugar with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Add the flour and fold through. Gently fold through the melted butter.
3. Line the base of a rectangular 30cm (12in) cake tin with baking paper, pour the batter into the tin and bake for 30-40 minutes. To check if the cake is ready, stick a metal skewer into the middle of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is ready.
4. Cool on a wire rack. Once cool, cut off
all the edges and crusts. Cut this into roughly 8cm cubes, or whatever
size you'd like your lamingtons to be.
5. Whisk the icing sugar, cocoa powder and hot water together in a bowl. Fold in the melted butter.
6. Dip all sides of the sponge cubes into
the chocolate mixture and then toss the cubes through dessicated
coconut to cover. Allow to harden on a wire rack, then refrigerate to